Welcome to Citizens Bank of West Virginia, a locally owned community bank which provides a comprehensive line of banking, trust and investment products to consumers and businesses. Citizens Bank is headquartered in Elkins, West Virginia with branch offices in Parsons, Beverly, Snowshoe, Buckhannon and New Martinsville. Citizens Bank opened its doors January 22, 1924 and has since continued to be a viable community bank, with many of our employees and officers involved in the respective communities they serve. The Board, management and staff of Citizens Bank remain committed to a long-term, personal approach to banking that puts our customers first and foremost. Citizens Bank is built on and anchored by a dedication to delivering a gold standard of customer service. Our decisions are made locally, by the people you know, and our deposits are used to make loans in the communities we serve. We’re proud that banking at Citizens Bank has become a family tradition passed on from one member of a family to another. If we can be of service to you, please visit any of our locations and compare the value of our services.
Our mission is to exceed customer expectations and remain a strong, independent community bank.
OUR CORE VALUES
- To provide Gold Standard service, professionalism and courtesy in all of our business activities;
- To employ and develop people of outstanding skills and integrity;
- To provide the products, services, security and convenience our customers need;
- To do good business with good people;
- To provide our employees with fulfilling and enjoyable work environment and a fair, responsible and compassionate compensation and benefit plan;
- To maintain accountability within our organization and adherence to sound corporate governance;
- To enhance the long-term value of our shareholders’ investment within a prudent risk-reward framework; and
- To be a good corporate citizen.